Interviews and Performances - Video List
AP 20 to 11
AP 20 to 11
On rhythm in Syriac chants. An interesting interaction with Fr.Abel, CMI (7:37)
|Part Number||Part I - Syro Malabar Church|
|Title||Fr. Abel Periyapuram, C. M. I. sings chants from the liturgy of the Syro Malabar Church.|
|Place of Recording||Joseph J. Palackal's office in Maspeth, New York|
|Date of Recording||20 Sep 1997|
|Video Segment (s)||
Fr. Abel Periyapuram, C. M. I. sings chants from the liturgy of the Syro-Malabar Church. The Recording took place at Joseph J. Palackal's room in Maspeth, New York, on 20 Sep 1997 during Fr. Abel's visit to the U. S. A. Of special interest is the conversation between Fr. Abel and Joseph J. Palackal on the rhythmic aspects of these melodies, starting at 7:37.
Thank you Fr. Palackal for preserving these melodies for posterity and that too sung by none other than Fr. Abel. Let this be an inspiration for all who consider their traditions, roots and legacy of such importance, so as not to let them go into oblivion - Amel Antony - 2019
- AP 4J - "O dezdamman inja" track 11 from Qambel Maran: Syriac Chants from South India.
- AP 4M - "Qambel Maran", track 14. Qambel Maran: Syriac Chants from south India.
- AP 11 - Fr. Abel Periyapuram, C. M. I. sings Syriac melodies and their Malayalam translations from the liturgy of the Syro-Malabar Church for the research of Joseph J. Palackal. Recorded at Kalabhavan Studio in Dec 1997.
- AP 12 - Fr. Abel Periyapuram, C. M. I. sings Syriac and Malayalam versions of melodies from the liturgy of the Syro-Malabar Church. Introduction by Joseph J. Palackal. Recorded on 22 July 1998 at ASA Music Productions in Mount Vernon, New York.
- AP 12a - Wita wangunnen. Fr. Abel CMI. funeral for priests "Witawangunnen." Fr. Abel sings his own (free) translation of the Syriac chant, "Etha pus lek" (farewell O church) from the Funeral services for priests in the Syro Malabar Church.
- AP 13 - Fr. Abel Periyapuram, C. M. I. sings Malayalam version of model melodies from the liturgy of the Hours of the Syro-Malabar Church for the doctoral study of Joseph J. Palackal. Recorded at Fr. Abel's office at Kalabhavan, Kochi, Kerala on 23 Aug 2001.
- AP 253 - Fr. Abel's Voice. A Res Qala (Model Melody). Syriac and Malayalam versions.
Complete List of Aramaic Project 11 - Segments (11.1 to 11.26)