Interviews and Performances - Video List
AP 10 to 1
AP 10 to 1
Dr. Jacob Vellian
scholar of the Syro Malabar liturgy.
|Part Number||Part I - Syro Malabar Church|
|Title|| Interview with Rev. Dr. Jacob Vellian, scholar of the Syro Malabar liturgy.
|Place of Recording||St. Thomas Church (Archdiocese of Kottayam), Kuruppamthara, Kottayam|
|Date of Recording||12 July 2013|
|Video Segment (s)||AP 6a to 6r|
Interview with Rev. Dr. Jacob Vellian, scholar of the Syro Malabar liturgy.
01. Dr. Vellian's academic background (00:45).
02. Ordination ceremony and the first Qurbana in Syriac at St. Peter's Basilica in Rome, broadcast on Vatican Radio (02:00).
03. Recent activities connected with the promotion of the Syriac language (04:58).
04. Melody of "Slotha dasletha" for the blessing of statues of saints and martyrs (07:44).
05. About the uniqueness of the Syriac melodies and the singing style in Kerala (09:10).
06. Melody of "Sagdeenan maar" (11:05).
07. The current status of Syriac literacy among the clergy in Kerala (12:14).
08. The chanting style of the words of Institution (13:23).
09. About the Syriac literacy among the lay people (15:14).
10. On the future of the Syriac language in Kerala (16:33).
11. Comments about the Tamil song, "Marayor paawe" in the tune of "Bar Maryam" (19:05).
12. Influence of Syriac music on the folk songs in Kerala (20:02).
13. On the singing of the same text in the solemn and requiem masses (22:53).
14. The melody of "Baarek maar" in Qurbana (25:31).
15. Melody of "Rahme sukaana" in Qurbana (28:25).
16. On the possible Iraqi origin of combining Syriac texts and non-sense syllables (29:40).
17. The experience of celebrating Qurbana in Syriac in Iraq, and the difference in the pronunciation (33:52).
18. On adapting Syriac melodies to compose new texts in Malayalam (35:22).
19. About the founding of Thuwaaneesa and Haadusa (39:47).
20. On the introduction of Maaraggam Kali in the School Youth Festival (43:01).
21. Any young priests to carry on the Syriac tradition? (46:27).
- AP 6a - Dr. Jacob Vellian and team sing "B'eda d'yawmaan". Recorded at St. Thomas Church, Kuruppamthara, Kottayam Dt., Kerala. 12 July 2013.
- AP 6b - Dr. Jacob Vellian and team sing hymn to the Martyrs.
- AP 6c - Dr. Jacob Vellian and team sing "Slīwā dahwā lan" from Raaza.
- AP 6d - Dr. Jacob Vellian and team sing litany of the BVM in Syriac.
- AP 6e - Dr. Jacob Vellian and team sing Anthem of the Mysteries "Pagare d'misiha".
- AP 6f - Dr. Jacob Vellian and team sing "Śambah leśān" From Pange Lingua by St.Thomas Aquinas.
- AP 6g - Dr. Jacob Vellian and team sing "Emare d'alaahaa".
- AP 6h - "Kuriye (Kyrie) Elaison." Litany in Syriac. Translated from Latin.
- AP 6i - Dr. Jacob Vellian and team sing "Thlaaye ewuraaye skeeleen waawu." For Palm Sunday, while distributing the palms.
- AP 6j - Dr. Jacob Vellian sings the mMelody of "Sagdeenan maar."
- AP 6k - Dr. Jacob Vellian sings the style of chanting the words of Institution.
- AP 6l - Dr. Jacob Vellian sings the melody of "Barek maar." Before fraction in Syro Malabar Qurbana.
- AP 6m - Dr. Jacob Vellian sings "Rahme Suqaanaa." Rite of reconciliation in Syro Malabar Qurbana.
- AP 6n - Dr. Jacob Vellian on the possible Iraqi origin of combining Syriac text and non-sense syllable.
- AP 6o - Dr. Jacob Vellian & Dr.Joseph Palackal talk about K. K. Antony Master 's ingenious adaptation of the Syriac modes in the requiem Mass in Malayalam.
- AP 6p - Dr. Jacob Vellian and team sing Melody of "Marth Mariam thuwaaneesaa."
- AP 6q - Dr. Jacob Vellian: Maarggam Kali is a male dance.
- AP 6r - Dr. Jacob Vellian talks about the introduction of Marggam Kali in the School Youth Festival in Kerala.