AP 310 to 301
Prof. Sebastian Brock pays tribute to Rev. Dr. Thomas Koonammakkal Part-1
|Part Number||Part I - Syro Malabar Church|
|Title||Prof. Sebastian Brock pays tribute to Rev. Dr. Thomas Koonammakkal Part-1|
|Place of Recording||Zoom meeting|
|Date of Release||12 January 2023|
|Video Segment (s)||
Rev. Dr. Thomas Koonammakkal
Prof. Sebastian Brock (Oxford University), the renowned Syriac Scholar, was kind enough to share with us his appreciation of the person and contributions of his protégé, Koonammakkal Thoma Kathnar. Prof. Brock considers Fr. Koonammakal to be one of the leading scholars on St. Ephrem the Syrian. It is a matter of concern that such a great scholar from the Syro Malabar Church did not get enough attention and admiration from his mother church. Fr. Koonammakkal is too modest to promote himself. After a prolonged academic career, Fr. Koonammakal is currently living a silent retired life at the priest home at Muttuchira in Kerala, India. We hope this video will generate interest among seminarians in the Syro Malabar Church to discover the hidden treasure of Kerala Christianity and pay tribute while he alive.
Joseph J. Palackal
3 March 2023
- AP 16 - Interview with Koonammakkal Thoma Kathanar.
- AP 28 -The pronunciation of Syriac in Kerala and Iraq.
- AP 120 - Who is the real founder of the CMI Congregation ? The INCONVENIENT TRUTH.
- AP 218 - Fr. Emmanuel Thelly, CMI, A Servant of the Syro Malabar Church.
- AP 219 - Koonammakkal Thoma Kathanar on the beauty of the Syriac language and music.
- AP 221 - A Catechism Class on St. Ephrem the Syrian. Koonammakkal Thoma Kathanar.
- AP 234 - Prof. Sebastian Brock and Fr. Palackal, CMI in conversation. Geneva Conference.
- AP 309 - Prof. Sebastian Brock on Dr. Koonammakkal's Contribution to Syriac studies in India
- AP 310 - Is Syriac in the Syro Malabar Church on the path of extinction? Prof. Brock's response